Sri Annanagar Ayyappa Temple is managed by Sri Ayyappa Seva Samajam, Annanagar which is a body registered under the Societies Act of 1860 with registration number 191/ 76. The affairs of the Samajam is managed by a 15-members Executive Committee elected every 2 year by the Life Members of the Samajam at the Annual General Body Meeting (AGM).
The Executive Committee in turn elects the office bearers comprising of President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer and Joint Secretary.
Apart from bestowing utmost attention to the best upkeep of the Sri Ayyappa Temple, The Samajam undertakes many charitable and social welfare projects for the benefit of the needy and poor. In fact the objects of the Samajam include:
• To spread the cult of Lord Ayyappa viz. universal brotherhood among all persons irrespective of religion, caste, creed or community.
• To arrange for periodical discourses, lectures etc.
• To propagate the idea of charity by rendering assistance to deserving children for prosecuting their studies by giving scholarship, donations, free supply of books, school uniforms etc.
• To arrange for the feeding of the poor as well as to provide mid-day meals to needy and poor school children.
• To establish and run educational institutions.
• To render free medical assistance to the needy and poor
• To construct, maintain halls, buildings etc. to propagate the ideals of the Samajam.
• To establish and run libraries containing books of all faiths.
The Founder Members of the Samajam is declared to Registrar of Societies at the time of Registration.